Reference Number JO0000009835
Job Type Permanent
An immediate requirement has arisen to join a large construction organisation as a Service Charge Accountant (ACA/ACCA or CIMA) on a permanent basis. Working independently within your role but alongside a medium sized friendly finance team, you will have the opportunity to provide the financial control for the service charge division within this thriving business where each day will be varied and fulfilled.
You will apply your skills to take a proactive view in driving the business decision making process using finance as a key instrument, whilst preparing the financial statements for the various service charge budgets using the Qube system.
Your role will include but not be limited to the following:
- Budget and forecast management
- Financial modelling
- Managing payments and cashflows for the various service charge funds
- Take responsibility for ensuring that the financial processes, systems and controls are operating effectively.
- Business partnering with non financial people in the preparation of the Service Charge Budgets
- Ensuring service charge demands go out in time, prepare arrears report and assist in collecting arrears
- Suggest updates and improvements for accounting systems. Examine all financial reports and data closely to check for discrepancies. Create systems to prevent errors in data collection and calculations
- Assist in management of the month-end process to ensure timely and accurate delivery of Board Information.
As an individual your skill set will include:
- ACA/ACCA/CIMA Qualification / Qualified by Experience will be considered
- Technically strong with experience of the Qube system
- Self-motivated and driven to achieve positive results
- IT proficient, including Excel and accountancy based software
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, only short listed applicants will be contacted in relation to this vacancy. We do however value your details and will retain them on file to enable our consultants to contact you should a suitable opportunity arise.